Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #56
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Patch 5

NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 with the latest R2.0beta firmware!!!

I hacked some more code to incorporate the LastApp-functionality that I also added to the R1.7-firmware. This code is even more experimental then the previous releases!! The LastApp-functionality could relatively easy be added to the R1.7.1 firmware, however, it was not that easy with the R2.0, so I had to change a lot of code.
Timing is also more critical then in R1.7, the current patch still has a problem related to timing. When the DR is started and the previously-open document is started, the menu is incorrect. You will see the menu of the ctb and not that of the uds. To get the correct menu, first select the 'Folder'-view and then the document again.

So, my standard disclaimer: This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. )

This patch adds:
- Allows to start the open document(s) during shutdown, at the next startup of the DR.
- Uses the zenity-library (ported by Iņigo) to give some feedback during installation.

I created a small document to guide the installation and usage of the extra functionality added by the hack, see Programs\_mackxpatch\docs. I quickly typed it this evening and have not checked for correctness, typos and correct use of English...

If anyone dares to use it, please give me your feedback . I have only tried this with pdfs (so internal uds viewer), in theory this should also work for FBReader...

I am still not sure what to add next. The Alphabar-hack from yuri_b seems interesting, any russian DR1000 users, that would like this?
I also have 'add shortcut to Home' on my list...
And something simular to the 'MustRead' functionality from the R1.7.1 hack.
Clock-hack from Iņigo

Marcel.

(The patch also includes the changes from all previous patches. The first file need to be extracted to your SD-card, the 2nd contains the changed source code.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p5.zip (594.2 KB, 454 views)
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p5-src.zip (244.7 KB, 441 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote