View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #133
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 2
I thought of this dictionary approach too. I'm glad someone else did it so I can see how it works without any effort.

In my copy, when I enter "Psal 101:6" (the suggested abbreviation) it jumps to the proper verse. It is different than the DVJ in that it only shows a list of verses without any context, but it gives instant feedback while typing. I liked the context shown by DVJ, but it's nice to see the instant feedback since then you know if you are using the right abbreviations.

But it still has the same fuzzy search problem where Psal 101:6 also shows 10:16, etc. I think there may not be a good way to get around this on Kindle 3, regardless whether using a dictionary or not. Of course, it would be nicest if someone will create a good Bible reading experience with KDK, once it's available. But for now, I still prefer the DVJ method, once I learned the abbreviations. If it catches on, it has the advantage that a commentary or other reference could be made as a dictionary using the DVJ abbreviations. If set as the default dictionary, the commentary could pop up while reading the Bible.
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote