View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #39
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I'm definitely not that hard core, and probably wouldn't bring an ereader backpacking. Sure seems like a Kindle might be the answer for hard core backpacker/readers.

Edited to add- and don't forget that paperback book pages can be used to help start the fire once you've read them. Something that has come in handy in past experiences.

If I ever go backpacking again my Kindle is coming with me. Put on a KlearKase and toss it into the pack. I don't go anywhere without a book. A K3 would weigh less then a paperback and it would allow me to carry a ton of books.

The only reason I brought this up is because people were asking where you could go where 5 days charge is not enough.

The only time I worried about using a replacable battery for my K1 was travelling from Washington DC to Sydney, Australia. I read for 13 hours on one charge and didn't need a second battery. It sounds like I would not be able to say the same thing about a Nook. I am assuming that a normal days reading is 2 hours, so 5*2 = 10 and the need for another battery. The K3 would be more then fine on that plane flight.

For normal usage, in the home or places were it is easy to recharge, the Nook's battery life is fine. Heck, the IPad's battery life is fine. But when I am travelling or camping or any other place where charging is challenging or requires extra gadget, battery life is going to be important.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote