View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #8
Mitsuya Cider
Mitsuya Cider began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, IPad Mini
Thank you very much for the tips tomsem.

Using the image viewer is a good way forward, but it does pull up other problems. Even after batch resizing with mangle, the resultant images load slower than a converted mobi for example, and the image viewer has multiple issues (switching pages often tears horizontally, or leaves a partial ghost image when the next image isn't the same exact size) and mangle itself doesn't post-process images sufficiently for my liking (letter edges are far too soft, whereas calibre sharpens by default). Mangle is much faster than batch processing with irfanview though, which is what I used to use when processing manga to read on my PSP.

All that said, it is VERY nice to lose the locations bar at the bottom, even though it is replaced with the bar at the top.

It does seem that manga is the most readable on my device, still, as a converted mobi file when zoomed in ever so slightly.

I guess it's still early days though. Let's hope amazon pulls their thumb out, and gives the kindle more configuration options.

@lanfearl

Indeed.

Last edited by Mitsuya Cider; 09-28-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Mitsuya Cider is offline   Reply With Quote