View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #38
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would agree that B&H should perhaps consider revising this policy. As the original poster stated, there is complete freedom of movement and residence within the EU, and it is extremely common for, say, a British person to live in Spain, or a Polish person in the UK. It's really not fair at all to impose this restriction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I am french, lived in Germany for 20 years, and moved now to the Costa del Sol in the south of Spain. In the town where I now live I am surrounded by Brits, Germans, Dutch, Swedes, Danes and so on. We all have our accounts in our country of origin, and only transfer amounts from time to time to our spanish accounts, without spanish credit cards.
SNIP!
So here I am, living in Spain, with a german credit card, and a french passport. My money has been earned very legally, and amazon, pixmania, and many others are more than willing to accept it and send me the goods to Spain. Why won't you ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect it's just a case of B&H not being familiar with modern lifestyles within Europe, and the fact that living in one country while having your bank account in another is now extremely common.

Saw this today in Local paper

Nineteen Alicante province towns have more foreign residents than Spanish ones
By Tom Cain

A TOTAL of 19 towns in Alicante Province have more foreign residents registered with them than Spanish ones.

Figures released this week by the National Statistics Institute (INE) show that out of the 1,921,988 inhabitants registered in the province on January 1, 2010, 24.2 per cent (463,704) of them were foreign.
(& that's just one province)

Full Story here
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote