View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
questerymj
questerymj began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Question about making PRS-600 firmware

Hello all, I'm new to here. I have trouble on making customed PRS-600 firmware and looking for some kindly help.

I got my PRS-600 last week and try to flash it with the hacked firmware with chinese/janapese/korean fonts that download from internet. It's a nice successful, but I'm not satisfied with the fonts that used in that firmware and the simpllified chinese menu, so I try to unpack the firmware and make a customed one for my self.

I try to repleace the fonts with 2 android font file(each one is 3mb size) and modified the asset.xml in language folder of opt/reader. The repeacking and md5 making looks successful, but no matter I modify the font/menu/both, everytime I flash my customed firmware, the result is PRS-600 keep restarting again and again. If I flash the original hacked firmware back, every thing will back to normal and worked.

I had read most articles about how to unpack/modify/repack a firmware ISO from many forums and try to do everything right, but looks like not. If there are any reason to make a ISO fail, how do avoid the problem and do it right, or here are any other reason to make PRES-600 keep restart and how to reslove it, tell me please. Appreciaiton for any suggestion.
questerymj is offline   Reply With Quote