View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #56
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I had a feeling faith was the wrong word to use.

Try this:
There is a cake tin. Some believe there is a cake in the tin. Others believe the tin is empty. Until the tin is opened and the contents, or lack thereof are revealed, all either side has is their belief.
I don't think anyone can open that tin yet.
And I believe there are people on both sides who don't want it opened.
I'm not sure this analogy works. I don't have a firm belief in no cake, I just have not been provided with enough evidence to suggest there is one.

This is how I see my atheism, I only see the need to define myself as an atheist because of the prevalence of religious belief within society. I've never seen it as a belief position, it's the default before evidence is provided much like anything else I have no belief in.

Quiz was fun...You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets.