View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #208
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You may be right, fjtorres, but this application makes no sense to me at the moment. I hope someone will eventually stop by to elucidate.

So far, I switched on every option in 'Advanced -> Status replacement info content' in FBReader config. My epub displayed the following items in the pop-up info box from the 'About book' option:
FileName, FileType, Title, Author, Genre, Size, DateWritten.

The only way I can view Currpos&Total, Time, BatteryInfo is if I re-enable the Status bar, i.e. it's not in the info pop-up.

As for Series and CurrChapter - no sign at all - although I suppose Series can be seen as part of the Filename if you have a suitable naming convention.

I then went back into FBReader config and switched off every option (except FileName) in 'Advanced -> Status replacement info content'. The info pop-up looks exactly the same as it did before.

I can't even begin to guess how to use the other option 'Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB'. In config it has just 2 options On/Off.

In conclusion, so far I cannot see what this version does that the previous one didn't. Although I do have to admit to being more of a hacked-AdobeViewer fan than an fbreader fan.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote