Originally Posted by D..
ISo, we compared our preferences and still, even with exactly the same preferences
Your preferences may be the same, but some of your plugins may be disabled. Check Preferences - Plugins - Metadata Reader plugins and make sure they are all enabled (see attached).
If they are all enabled follow chaley's advice to gather more info so we can try other things.
BTW, when you uninstall and reinstall calibre the configuration directory isn't removed so reinstalling calibre ends up using the old configuration.
Try the following to start calibre with completely default settings:
Note: I just followed these exact steps to ensure they worked as written.
- Click on the library icon in the top row. A window will pop up like the second image attached. Write down the path to your library. Close window.
- Go to Preferences - Advanced - Miscellaneous and open the Calibre configuration directory.
- Quit calibre (ctrl-q)
- Move all of the directories and files in your configuration directory to a temporary location.
- Ensure that your configuration directory is now empty.
- Start calibre
- It will ask you to point to the location of your calibre library (the path you wrote down earlier) and then what device you have. When you are done with those two questions your library will open with a completely default set of preferences and all your plugins will be set to their default state.