View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Very true. Studying sacred texts can be useful for many things, but not to understand the religions that are supposedly base on them.
They're not useful totally on their own, no. You need some kind of interpretation or context to make sense of it. Of course, some religious texts are more central than others. The Qur'an is definitely key to the daily worship of Muslims, though. I would argue that in terms of actual practice, it has much more relative importance than the Bible. But again, you're both right -- you need a little bit more than just the book to go on.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote