View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
At this time I'm not sure of my opinion of this ruling. Information about the case is a bit conflicting. I'm a bit on the fence about resale, again mostly due to the complications of ensuring that the seller does in fact revoke their access. Plus the issue may well end up dwindling in importance as more and more software moves away from the "buy this copy" towards a subscription or service-based approach.
I have seen this approach but in an unappealing way.
Subscription or service based could be the key to successful non-drm ebook marketing.
Give the purchaser an option to buy next ebook in series at xx% off or any xx books at xx% off and make it continuing.
Embed id in book (already being done) and if you want to sell book, option must go with it.
This would increase buyers awareness about embedded info and give them a legal option to sell/transfer ebook.
Definitely to publishers advantage as many people cannot be bothered to sell a book but are annoyed that they can't
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote