View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
Plustek AD450 scanner

http://plustek.com/product/ad450.asp

I'm about to buy a scanner and this is currently topping my shortlist.

Second on my list is the Fujitsu Scansnap S1300. They cost the same and have similar software bundles incl. ABBY Finereader; V6 for the Plustek, V4 for the Fujitsu. The only advantage (that I can see) the Plustek has over the Fujitsu is that the Plustek is TWAIN compatible.

The Fujitsu S1500 is third on my list, but it costs more, I don't really need the extra speed and I already have Acrobat.

Anyone have any experience with the Plustek scanner?
Any reason why I should buy the Fujitsu S1300 instead?

I'll be scanning in mostly technical and instruction manuals to be viewed on my KDXG.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote