View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
ack!

<snip>

I am out of my depth here, but if I could make this one small alteration using coding I think I could do everything else I'd like thru the simpler bookview interface. I just have a few books in very primitive text form that I switched over to rtf and then to EPUB thru Calibre.

If there's a boilerplate stylesheet for epubs that started rtf that someone could point me to, that'd also be great.
My suggestion would be (aside from learning HTML and CSS) to NOT use Calibre to make your ePubs, and to NOT convert TXT to RTF first.

Open the original text file in Sigil and do all your editing there. Sigil adds simple tags ( like <p> ) instead of the automated naming system that Calibre must use.

The double conversion is needlessly complicating things.

Sigil opens at least TXT and HTML files -- no need to use Word or any other editor (except a text editor, see my sig) to do these basics, especially if your goal is ePub.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote