View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Tom Wood
oddly human
Tom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animalsTom Wood is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
4) Picture fills the screen. I'd love to be able to have any image shown at my choice of "full original size" (if small) or "fills viewing screen", preferably switchable between landscape & portrait. Image support in ebooks is far enough behind physical books (200 dpi max?!) that this could help cover the gap until we get print-quality displays, which I suspect are not happening soon. Or at least, not happening soon & cheap.
I recently ended my attempt at publishing a webcomic, and looked into offering it as an ebook collection. The Kindle format (mobi) doesn't do vector graphics. That makes it impossible to do images that scale well to different resolutions and sizes. Since Kindle is the biggest store, there's not much point in even trying until they support SVG or some other vector graphics format. IMO
Tom Wood is offline   Reply With Quote