View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I agree that Apple won't make a dedicated reading device, but the link I posted wasn't suggesting that they would...
If competitors such as Samsung seem to be making inroads with their 7" devices, I would expect Apple to follow them into that format.

Graham
No indeed; I was (clearly badly!) aiming that at the OP and the thread title, asking for our opinions on an Apple eReader - which I assume to be a dedicated device, no?

I've no doubt that Apple will produce a smaller iPad, but I'd be very surprised if it was announced as early as the New Year. Buy hey, I like surprises And an announcement that early would certainly be a 'shot across the bows' to the competitors, especially if it was priced aggressively.

As for Samsung making inroads, well, bearing in mind that you can't buy one yet, you can't order one yet, and so far it seems like they haven't even decided how much to charge for it yet, let's see how that develops - though in my opinion if they had the price nailed down to undercut the iPad significantly, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops. <shrug> We'll see.

Cheers, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote