View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob87 View Post
I disagree improvements are being made. The displays are getting more paper like. Sony knows what its doing as touch screens are the future of user interaction in e-reading maybe they didnt get it quite right with the resistive touch screen last time but the 350/650 sounds like its going to hit the nail right on the head with a touch screen that doesn't impact clarity or cause glare.

Amazons got their own very good ideas with WiFI & 3G purchasing and cheap ereaders unfortunatly they are also trying to monopolize the ebook market with ebooks in a propriety format.

Theres a bit of a war going on between sony and amazon thats driving development and the innovations they are coming up with are great imo. I'm looking forward to buying a touch screen colour e-ink reader that will let me download new books wherever I am
But that's really pretty much the only thing that's changed as I said, marginally better screens.

Sorry Rob, but what innovations? One can hardly call innovative finally putting in a touchscreen that doesn't ruin a product with glare, when almost all smartphones have had better capacitance touch screens since a few years. Just because they were (sorry but I got to say this) idiots enough to ruin their products' single selling point -e-ink's readability- with a crap touch screen doesn't mean they are innovators for coming to their senses now and finally putting one in (and we are going to see how well it works because I 've been told it's ir...) that doesn't impede reading, they way everyone and their brother have done in the smart phone arena.

That's precisely the crux of the problem with e-ink manufacturers, they are so behind incorporating even the simplest tecs that other gadgets have long ago had.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote