View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #65
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsbloke View Post
Now you see, this is what I just don't understand.
Nobody on this forum who owns a Nook believes that you can read for nearly 200 hours on your Nook, so why say it.

We have already done a survey in these forums, the highest number of reading hours anyone has claimed is 20 hours (with everything but reading off) the lowest number of hours on one charge was claimed at 2.5 hours using wifi constantly. Most claimed 8-12 hours of reading time. Most sane people don't claim the battery life of any device as the time it takes the battery to go flat when not being used.

As to your claim that my battery is faulty, well in that case 50% of Nook owners have faulty batteries so a good reason not to buy a Nook.

Look at the poll results, in a Nook dedicated forum, 34% have voted for the Kindle 3, that suggests to me 34% of Nook owners are dissatisfied with their Nook and would prefer to own a Kindle. Quite an astounding vote really. I wonder what would happen if Amazon offered to exchange your old Nook for a new Kindle 3 at no charge?
Seriously. Try a different battery. My ipod touch gets something like 8-10 hours, and I can tell you, the nook isn't anywhere near that ballpark.

Hell I just had it in my bag for like several days, pulled it out today for school. It had like 10% on the battery still.

No one claims the Kindle gets 500 hours of battery life while reading it. "Two weeks between charges" doesn't mean 2 weeks of 24x7 reading. It can go to a max of a couple of weeks between charges if not used / used lightly, just like the Nook can manage a max of about a week in the same circumstances with airplane mode on.

You've seriously bad problem with your nook or your nook battery. I don't know why you won't believe it. Instead you just keep threadcrapping in Nook threads that it has no battery life.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote