View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Need some new reading recommendations

Ok, I'm looking to refresh my library with ebook titles (I'm a paperback and audiobook junkie) and I'm looking for recommendations for some newer scifi and fantasy books in ebook (epub only please) that are worth checking out. Prior to this I've been reading a lot of classic stuff over and over again simply because I had them and they were so much fun to read. But it's time to move on to newer stuff. So anywho, here's a selection of what I've been reading, and I'll let you guys figure out what might fit with my reading tastes. I haven't been reading anything new for quite a while simply because, being in tech and having the schedule I do doesn't permit me to research much new stuff. I only grab new stuff if someone like my dad recommends it to me.

Lord of the Rings (hobbit, LOTR, Simarilion, etc)
Orson Scott card (Ender series and the shadow series)
Ringworld (all the books)
Asimov (pretty much everything of his)
E.E.Doc Smith (ditto)
Dune
Some HG Wells (time machine, war of the worlds, etc)
Arthur C. Clark (Childhood's end, 2001, The City and the Stars)
C.S. Lewis (Narnia, space trilogy)
A handful of random Starwars books.
A handful of Star Trek books (Corona, The Final Reflection, etc)
Jules Verne (20,000 leagues, Journey to the Center of the Earth)
Carl Sagan - Contact
Madeleine L'Engle - A Wrinkle In Time
Michael Crichton (The Andromeda Strain, Sphere, etc)

Now that's not all I've read, but that's all I can think of right now. So any further suggestions are welcome. And don't limit your suggestions to just a few. I want plenty, especially those that will tutor me in some ways to improve my writing, as they say you get better as a writer if you read the works of other great writers. So suggest away.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote