View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
penguin v google

... yes, it can get even more ridiculous.

was browsing the web and scowling at publishers who apply geographic restrictions and came across this

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pa...ettlement.html

i hadn't been aware of the battle between google (books i guess) and penguin (and penguin authors) beforehand but i have been aware for quite some time how.. ugh... don't want to say narrow-minded but hey if the shoe fits... penguin are. so they're actually demanded money from google (or encouraged their authors to) for displaying books penguin feel they have control over.

now i just have to say, penguin (and their authors) never fails to show that they have little or no vision when it comes to books and the internet.

need i mention that, as far as i know, google don't sell the books themselves, but provided links to online stores that did. nor can you download the content you;re browsing with google books.

so basically penguin are planning to tax google for helping sell those books under penguin's control. (book stores and libraries be afraid, be very afraid)

i'm not that savvy when it comes to the convoluted copyright laws so maybe i'm missing the bigger picture... but then again...
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote