View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #41
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I drive around 30,000 miles a year currently. I do not do that for fun, I do it because there is no reliable public transport infrastructure.
Well, I am definitely older than 8 years myself, and I have been living in *my* little, backward corner of Europe for my entire life.
My car is 10 years old and I have 30,000 miles on the odometer by now. Most of that was accumulated during holidays, when we go to mountains, kayaking or camping. On most of those occasions I could have used alternative transport, but car is more convenient with a couple of small kids. Your mileage obviously does vary ;-), there are people here that do more than 30,000 miles per year, but that does not mean that the public transport system here is not extensive, reliable and affordable.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote