View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #22
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
I heard an anecdote recently. A man went to his friendly neighbourhood panelbeater (body shop/whatever you call them where you live) because he'd given his car yet another ding. He's never caused an injury accident, but has lots of these minor incidents. The panel beater asked "What happened this time?" The customer shrugged and said, "I think I'm just not a very good driver".

The panelbeater said he'd repair the car for free. Because it was the first time in all his years of repairing cars that he'd heard anyone admit to being a worse-than-average driver. The vast majority of people think they're better than average.

I'm a careful driver, and a very economical one. I get much lower fuel consumption than the average for our model of car, and things like tyres and brake pads last for far more kms than the norm. I wouldn't claim to be specially skillful when it comes to anything challenging, but I'm adequate.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote