View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #29
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post
Are you SPAM?
Actually, I think it's bumblebee tuna

Lilac!!! Your pictures are broked

Care -

That's a collection that took years to build up...unlike my Dean Koontz collection, which was pretty much one "lot auction" on ebay. I loved the DL books as a kid. Going back to Chronicles, I wasn't as blown away. Maybe i'm old and crotchety and my imagination is shot, but I just couldn't grab the magic any more

Same with the Wheel of Time. I made it through the first four. Struggled through them really, and then it's just kind of became a guilty pleasure ever since. I've just been collecting them (mostly HC 1st) in the hopes that the series would be finished someday. At the time, I refused to read through until RJ finished them, because I didn't want him to die before he finished...and such is mango.

But, for some reason my Redwall books have stood the test of time. I can go back to them and still get sucked into the story.

The Gathering Storm did take a trip with me to Pasadena for the Superstars Writing Conference (amazing experience - I urge all writers that have the spare cash to splurge for it, if for no other reason than the camaraderie) and I got Brandon to sign it.

The only thing was, Brandon was trying his best to be friendly and personable, but for some reason, he kind of came off as a bit of a diva to me. I really don't know what it was...

But Kevin Anderson (who I've never been able to complete anything written by) was really really nice. And I actually came out with a whole lot more respect for him as a man.

Plus, he's a damn good drinking buddy. What was I talking about again?

Oh yeah. I have lots of books.

Last edited by jaxx6166; 08-21-2010 at 09:31 PM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote