View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
If you read the license for ebooks -- not just Amazon's but including Amazon's -- any of these sellers could drop a format and not let you redownload into another format. The license is a lease agreement that is terminable at will by the ebook seller.

I wouldn't have much faith in any of the individual sellers; I have more faith in the product when it is usable now by more than one e-book dedicated device, that is, it is in ePub format without DRM.
Yes, I know they could drop and basically ignore you- it happened in a different way to me with Adobe DRMed ePubs. But there are other elements in the dynamics seller-buyer that could stop the former from behaving this way. One can rationally argue that, given the weight of the number of buyers and the presence of the same brand- the seller's, that's it- in other sectors (with possibility of boycott, amongst other options), a similar behaviour would do more harm than not.

It could also be mobi without DRM
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote