View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
<< Those that think it has anything to do with protecting or promoting intellectual creation should stay away from anyone with a bridge to sell.>>

I think that's a misinterpretation of the source article. As the owner of various pieces of intellectual property, I can assure you that copyright does indeed protect and promote intellectual creation. (Okay, applying the word "intellectual" to anything I've personally written is stretching the definition a bit, but if you use it in the broadest sense....)

The author of the source article (Lydia Pallas Loren) says it plainly:

Quote:
I am not advocating an elimination of copyright protection. The protection granted to copyright owners is essential in providing the economic incentive for the creation of works.
What Loren does say is that the law has overreached and become too restrictive, which is a sentiment I can agree with.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote