View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #36
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post
Thanks for the info on Philly library. I have a question before I join. I live in Australia and have a nook. I have joined an Aust library to download eBooks but they download in .acsm format. I can read the book on Adobe Digital Editions on my computer but can't download them to my nook. And calibre won't convert them to ePub.

I thought it might be because I haven't registered my nook. Can I register it even though I am in Australia?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi Ad2

First thing, you need to authorise your Nook with ADE before it will recognise it. This should automatically come up as an option when you connect your Nook and open ADE. If not, it should be in one of the submenus at the top. I don't have it in front of me so I can't remember exactly where it is, but I don't think it was hard to find.

You should be able to copy across to your Nook using ADE. I have a Sony and it shows up as an extra item in the left sidebar when connected. I simply drag and drop to the Sony. It seems to only be able to do one item at a time. And a tip: when you download, set it to open rather than save.

I don't think you need to register with B&N. I tried to register with Sony and Borders when I first bought mine, but they didn't like my non-US address. Since I don't buy from their shops, I didn't bother going through with it.

Jehane
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote