View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #56
Kitabz
Kitabz began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
Having been a very happy owner of the BeBook Neo for all of two weeks, I was dismayed to see the new Kindle and matching UK based e-book store appear this week.

Never mind the difference in the prices of the devices (large), the thing that pushed me into get the Neo was the WiFi/Internet capability which I see the new Kindle also has. I'm absolutely sold on the whole e-book concept though, I really doubt that I'll buy another hard copy again unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

The one limitation I've found with ePub/Mobi is the difficulty in getting the books I'm looking for. Paperback no problem, e-book not so available at any price.

But now Amazon UK has appeared and I can find almost any book that I've searched for so my dilemma is (was) that I have a very expensive new device but the books that I want are with another supplier on a proprietary system (which in principal I don't like, a bit like the whole Apple/i-Tunes scenario in the beginning).

Anyway, after some experimenting this afternoon (following some instructions/links I found on this forum), I've now got the best of all worlds without having to buy a Kindle.

On saying that, I probably will get the large screen Kindle if and when it becomes available directly in the UK - very useful for technical books and certain PDFs although I'll still prefer the smaller Neo for fiction.
Kitabz is offline   Reply With Quote