View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #54
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Also, I'm wondering who is taking the hit. The publisher's receiving less money or is Amazon? Are the prices teaser rates?
Usually US book prices are lower than UK book prices. Prices in the UK Kindle Store are currently direct conversions at the prevailing exchange rate from the prices in the US Kindle store, with the proviso that that are LOWER in the UK store, if there's a UK hard copy available at a lower price (which sometimes happens when a paperback edition has appeared in the UK before it appears in the US).

Publishers are taking the hit, but only because their UK book prices are higher than the US book prices.

Publishers do have an option (at least small publishers) to set a separate UK price. I don't know if many will.

It will be interesting to see what happens with pricing. My guess is that UK publishers selling ebooks through WHSmiths and Waterstones web sites will have to reduce the retail prices.

At the moment though, the Kindle 3 seems a bargain, both in initial purchase price, and the cost of kindle ebooks in the UK Kindle store.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote