View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #33
Marioninyc
Marion
Marioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel is

Device: KindleDX
I think in the case of the 4K author, they wound up offering a big fat advance. A lot of books still get sold in stores and much easier to get into them (especially chains) through traditional publishers. I'm here in part for community, but of course I'd like to sell my book. If someone offered me half a million dollars as an advance and I could spend my time writing new stuff, I wouldn't turn them down. (Hope that doesn't get me drummed out of Year 0). One thing that might change the game, if is stores began dealing with PODs as well and authors could market more directly to brick and mortar.
Marioninyc is offline   Reply With Quote