View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #21
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Read My Uncle Oswald?
You know, I haven't. I've read Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This thread is really showing me how I haven't even come close to exhausting Roald's brilliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Cory Doctorow's Little Brother and For The Win are both YA novels available as free ebooks; my 14-year-old liked them both very much.

Both are "young geeks take on the bureaucracy" books; Little Brother is political & FTW is corporate. Little Brother's won a number of awards; FTW's been nominated for at least one. They're both excellent, fun reads.
Grabbed them both. Thanks so much. Phew! I should be set with reading material for a while now. Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtremino View Post
I'd definitely recommend Hunger Games. It's a great book, dark, violent, and surprisingly romantic.
Thumbs up to this. I absolutely loved this one. Will you be lining up for Mockingjay in a couple of weeks? I'm excited to see if it gets crazy at all. I'm also looking forward to the movie too. Thanks for your suggestion!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote