View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #42
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I tend to agree with Marilyn that they have to get into brick and mortar stores with a nice display. When I was researching the last couple of weeks, I went into Walmart and there sat the Kobo and the Sony pocket edition side by side. I was very tempted to buy one of those on the spot since it is here, and I can see them. I actually turned to go ask for one when I realized it was time to pick up my son and I wouldn't have time. I then came home to think more about it and do one last research. I decided to go with pocketbook. I wouldn't have considered pocketbook at all or known of its existence if it wasn't for a comment on one of the what should I buy threads here. I found a video of it and was amazed. Once I realized I could get it from a Canadian site, it was added to the list from which I was choosing. It really is important to get out there and be seen.

I do think pocketbook can find a niche as it is different than the others trying to copy the kindle. It has features that those readers do not have that will draw a market, but they have to get the product out there and be known. When I am on another forum like a parenting one, people only know the kindle or the nook pretty much. If there is a group of Canadians, they will bring up the kobo since they have seen it in stores. Although kobo is having some growing pains with firmware etc. at the moment, I think its presence here will help it make it in the long run. Pocketbook needs to do that as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Walmart if they want to place themselves as a higher end reader so perhaps a known electronics store or the like would work, but the product needs to get out there.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote