View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The 505's 8-way grayscale is an advantage over the Cybook and perhaps the Kindle.
An extremely "marginal" one. Frankly, I notice no difference at all between my current Reader with 4 grey-scales and my iLiad with 16. The only people I suspect it might make a difference to are those who want to read comics.

Quote:
Bookeen has a good reputation, and seems to be much more serious about e-reader software than Sony.
But, on the other hand, Sony are a major multinational corporation, whereas the average "man in the street" will have never heard of Bookeen. Everybody's heard of Sony and (I believe) that they have a reputation for producing high-quality products in most peoples' minds (yes, I know that some people will rave on about "rootkits", etc - let's not go there.)

Quote:
Overall, I still like the Cybook because it will support a range of ebook formats and I think it will (eventually) give the best reading experience available on a 6" screen.
I agree with you. I think the decision to go with MobiPocket gives the CyBook the edge, software-wise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote