View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #44
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ok, bringing up an old thread. I'm am all but sold on a Kobo as a second reader in our house (special thanks to those who answered my questions, as well as those who pointed out to the updated Linux version of the Kobo Desktop - makes me feel better about acquiring one).

So one last question (for now anyways )

Black or White? Which one do people prefer to read on? I see the black one may assist in the appearance of a higher contrast ratio than the white, though is the black one more prone to the showing of scratches and finger prints (petty aren't I?)? Then again (and this is under the presumption that the white is pretty similar to a white Wii) is it has the potential to hide scratches but show dirt easier.

So to sum up;
Black: Greater contrast ratio appearance yet more prone to fingerprints and scratches.
White: Less prone to fingerprints and scratches yet could show dirt more and readability slightly lower than the black. I guess additional is the D-Pad has a greater chance of showing dirt/marks than the black.

Am I being too cautious and creating irrelevant questions over my inability to just make a decision?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote