The Feedbooks Kindle Guide is no longer available for download. Instead, the Feedbooks website recommends:
All free books on Feedbooks are available in a Kindle compatible format (for both Kindle devices and mobile applications), but due to the closed nature of the Kindle ecosystem, none of the files available on our store are compatible with the Kindle.
To download a book in a Kindle compatible format, click on the book's name and then select the "Kindle" download option.
You can also easily browse Feedbooks on your Kindle using our mobile website: http://m.feedbooks.com
The mobile website provides all the browsing and search options of our normal website, but optimized for the mobile web.
Feedbooks is fully compatible with all Kindle versions and is the only service capable of delivering both books and RSS feeds directly to the Kindle using the wireless connection.
Browsing the Kindle Download Guide
The Kindle Download Guide is the easiest way to download public domain and creative commons books from Feedbooks. It could be described as having an on-demand library on your Kindle.
Links inside a book
- Step 1: The guide is a simple file that you need to add to your Kindle. The URL for this file is http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide You can:
- Open the browser on your Kindle and open this URL, or
- Download this file and send it to your Kindle using the USB cable, or
- Download this file and send it to your Kindle using your e-mail: [user]@kindle.com
- Step 2: Find yourself something to read. You could:
- Flip through the guide. You'll find books in alphabetical order, then authors in alphabetical order, and finally lists.
(There's a table of contents for all this that you can access any time you want using the Kindle user interface).
- Type a keyword using the search feature of your Kindle. This works very well as soon as the guide is fully indexed (you'll have to wait for a few seconds after downloading the guide for your Kindle to fully index this file).
Searching on the Kindle
- Step 3: To download a book (make sure that the wireless connection is on), select the right line in the guide. A pop-up window will appear, in which you select the name of the book for your Kindle to download.
Downloading a book
Although there are other ways to get content from Feedbooks on the Kindle, the easiest way is to use the built-in wireless connection.
Otherwise you could get your content through:
* USB: Simply download a Mobipocket/Kindle file on your desktop computer and transfer the content to your Kindle using the USB cable
* E-Mail: Download a Mobipocket/Kindle file and e-mail it to your Kindle e-mail address: [user]@kindle.com. You'll have to authorize our e-mail address and pay Amazon's download fee.
* SD: Download a Mobipocket/Kindle file to your SD card
- Step 4: Enjoy reading your book -- it is now available on your Kindle!
- Updating: At the beginning of the guide, you'll find a link to update this guide. The guide is updated a few times every week. Make sure that you manually delete the old version of the guide once you've updated.
You'll notice links to other books at the beginning and the end of each book. You can follow one of these links to automatically download the book on your Kindle.
You can also easily browse Feedbooks on your Kindle using our mobile website: http://feedbooks.mobi
It is highly recommended to sign in on the mobile version, even if you're using the guide: this way, your downloads will be logged and Feedbooks will create a customized list of recommended books for you.
For further information, visit the Feedbooks website: http://www.feedbooks.com
or the MobileRead Wiki pages: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Feedbooks