View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Co...l_City_Studios

The BetaMax case. It is completely legal in the USA to record broadcasts, tv or radio.
Nate - the case that you quote established that it was legal to tape for the purpose of time shifting (my emphasis). ie, what is legal is to record, watch/listen to the tape, and then erase it.

Taping with the intent of permanently keeping it, or watching it multiple times, is not legal. Granted, it's something it's clearly impossible to enforce, but I believe that I am right in saying that, strictly speaking, it's not legal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote