View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
Continuing numbered lists (ol) in ADE

I have a list that has a break in it, and then continues. Using the (deprecated) "start" or "value" tags don't work in ADE, and neither does using CSS auto-content. For example, I tried the following sample, but it didn't work:

In stylesheet:
Code:
OL#page_one { counter-reset: item }
OL#page_two { counter-reset: item 5 }
LI { display: block }
LI:before {
		content: counter(item) ". ";
		counter-increment: item;
		display:block;
}
In body:
Code:
<ol id="page_one">
	<li>Division Bell</li>
	<li>Atom Hearth Mother</li>
	<li>Relics</li>
	<li>Dark Side of the Moon</li>
	<li>Wish You Were Here</li>
</ol><ol id="page_two">
	<li>The Wall</li>
	<li>More</li>
	<li>Piper at the gates of Dawn</li>
	<li>Final Cut</li>
	<li>Meddle</li>
</ol>
I also tried just starting a new list and having a bunch of empty entries with font-size: 0em; so they wouldn't show up, but some readers seems to have a minimum font size, so those show no matter what I do.

Any thoughts on other alternatives that might work?
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote