View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #58
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceMd View Post
Oh, I assumed that because they all used ePub, that they were interchangeable. This is not the case?
It's not the format, ePub, that is the issue, it's the DRM used. Most ebook stores and libraries now use ADE. These books are interchangeable. For example, I just downloaded the 5 free books from Borders and loaded one of them on my Sony. I've also loaded a book from Sony, and books from my local library. The two stores that DON'T use ADE are iBooks and Amazon. There is one hitch with Barnes and Noble. They do use ADE but they use a newer version so your ereader would need to be updated with the latest ADE in order to use ebooks from B&N.

Bottom line everyone is "playing nice" if by that you mean all using ADE for DRM except Amazon and Apple.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote