Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Some great Treo tricks

I've always enjoyed reading about productivity. David Allen's Getting Things Done is one of my favorite books. Reading about it is fun because, of course, it's much easier than actually doing it! Well, the November Productivity Pro newsletter has some great tips for the Treo that I've never seen before.

My favorite tip, and one that I intend to look into, is the copytalk.com service that allows you to call a phone number and dictate. They transcribe and email you the results. Pretty neat! I wonder if there are other services like that out there?

So here are some Treo tips from Productivity Pro newsletter reader T. Davis...
"Here are a few more advantages I have found in going electronic with the Treo:
* There is a view of appointments by week in Palm (it is very small, I'll give you that).
* The QWERTY keyboard on my Treo is a fast way to enter notes compared to other methods (but I am with you, writing is faster; we really need electronic audio shorthand or better yet telepathy to handheld).
* I have downloaded a voice recorder to my Treo with one-button touch controls. This solved my problem of note taking while driving, which I do a lot of. I can save the audio files and name them separately and sync them to my desktop.
* I use www.efax.com so I can easily send faxes of files on my Treo through email to a fax number as a fax for someone who needs the communication in fax form.
* I use www.copytalk.com, which allows me to call a number and dictate my mental and paper notes from a meeting. They convert it to type and email it to me. I save the file attached to the contact it ACT. Very nice way to keep detailed notes of clients meetings tied to the client and well organized, which is a good comfort measure in our litigious society.
* My last and favorite benefit of the Palm is reminders. My paper calendar could not do that, and I would get busy and forget to look at it sometimes. I organize every day with calls, meetings and to-dos and put reminders on them. 5 min for a call, 1 hour for a 1 hour drive, 5 days for moms birthday card, etc. This really helps me keep from dropping thinks through the cracks. It is a real virtual assistant. Plus I use fewer sticky notes!!!
* I keep and old PDA around for quick functional backup if my primary one breaks or is lost or stolen. "

You can subscribe to the newsletter here, and the main Productivity Pro website also has quite a bit of free information.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
Jimmie Geddes
Enthusiast
Jimmie Geddes began at the beginning.

Device: Sprint Treo 650
Very cool. I just posted your link on my blog. I want to try out copytalk
http://gadgetsonthego.net/2005/11/so...eo-tricks.html
Old 11-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
...I want to try out copytalk
If you do look into it or give it a try, be sure to let us know how it goes!