Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air
Skweezer wins 2005 Mobile Star award

Skweezer has won the 2005 Mobile Village Gold Star Award in the Personal Software: Mobile Web Content Utility category of the 2005 Mobile Star Awards™.

"The fourth annual Mobile Star Awards honor and promote the best companies, products, deployments, and leaders in mobile and wireless technology. Award winners were chosen by subscribers to Go Mobile®, MobileVillage’s free online newsletter sent to technology executives, mobile users, buyers, IT managers, developers, and top technology journalists. "The Mobile Star Awards are unique in that the judges are Go Mobile readers—these people have a great knowledge of the industry and eager to tell the world which mobile products deserve recognition," said Gary Thayer, MobileVillage Editor.

Skweezer is a free Web portal/browsing service that optimizes Web pages, searches, and e-mail for use on PDAs and cell phones. Mobile Internet users access Skweezer by visiting www.skweezer.net, then use the portal as a "wireless gateway" to browse and search the Web. Skweezer compresses and reformats content being downloaded, so that it loads faster, looks better, and is easier to navigate. Skweezer includes an e-mail client, RSS reader, address book, online translation, and other useful features designed specifically for the mobile environment. Skweezer is also completely platform independent and can be accessed from Pocket PC, Palm, MS Smartphone, XHTML-based cell phone, and WebTV devices."

I'm a happy user of Skweezer myself, and it works well with my Treo 650, It saves a lot of bandwidth and makes it easy to get site content from my favorite sites and a nice preset directory of handy sites. And there's more features such as e-mail, RSS, etc that I still haven't looked at yet. If you browse the web with a mobile device, it's worth a visit to check it out. There's both a free and pay version, and the free version is quite valuable by itself.

You can find the full press release at here.

(From Monica at Greenlight Wireless)
Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note, Nexus7
I've never checked Skweezer out, but I certainly will give it a go tonight.

Some sites (like Gmail and MR ) have a really good mobile version, which is very similar to the full page. Others (like Aximsite for example) are really crippled in functionality and features when you use the mobile pages...

I use my Axim a lot on my wifi network at home now, and this might make the experience a little easier.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
YesWAP
YesWAP has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Clie SJ30
I've been doing a series of reviews of mobile transcoding sites including Skweezer on my blog http://wapreview.com/blog/. While my perspective (mobile phone rather than PDA) has lead me to a slightly different perspective on Skweezer I think you might enjoy my take. As good as Skweezer is I believe I've found a couple mobile transcoders that are even better - although you will have to wait for my fourth and final post this weekend to find out what they are .

Dennis aka YesWAP
Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note, Nexus7
Thanks Dennis, I'll take a look.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T3, HTC Wizard
For those waiting for YesWAP to provide a link to his "fourth and final post" you can find it here.