Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Device makes the Treo 650 heart smart

Active Corporation's ActiveECG gives I Heart My Treo a whole new meaning. ActiveECG is an inexpensive, handheld cardiac monitor for healthcare professionals and home cardiac monitoring for individuals with heart conditions. After attaching the device to the Treo using a data cable, real-time cardiac information is displayed on the Treo 650's screen. Data can be transfered to a PC at a later time using Hotsync technology.

ActiveECG provides the features you need to monitor and recognize cardiac rhythms: real-time display, heart rate display, multiple strip recordings, pacemaker detection, defibrillation protection, leads off detection, low battery indication, extensive self-testing and long battery life.

For healthcare professionals who have deployed the Treo 650 as well as individual Treo owners with heart conditions, this device could make the Treo 650 a true lifesaver.

Thanks to Karen at Active Corporation for the tip.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There is one company who is specialized in telemedicine: CardGuard. I heard they had a deal with Samsung back half a year ago... dunno if any Samsung cell had ever hit the market with cardiac monitoring. It's a great idea though!