Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Rumors: New Palm Releases

Rumor or Newsflash?

Palm Infocenter is reporting that Palm is set to release the previously discussed Tungsten XX and a new Zire 22 by October 11th.

Specs on the X:

Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9
312MHz XScale processor
320x480 pixel display
128MB of non-volitile memory
802.11b WiFi
Bluetooth 1.2
SDIO expansion slot
Voice recording
Digital camera
$299 USD MSRP

Only listed specs on the 22:
$99 MSRP

(not much needs to be added to that )
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Check out this gallery:
http://wolwol.smugmug.com/gallery/614096/1/25983362

I don't think this is Photoshop work. Actually, this would be a really nice device to have!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Definitely, especially if they got the wi-fi/bt combo finally! The price point is pretty darn good too. I may need to get rid of my T3.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Thumbs up Good price

I agree that it's a good price for the feature set. It won't make me switch back to Palm, but it's definitely a model that will keep existing users on the Palm side. I doubt it will have a camera, though. (The leaked photos don't show one, but that device might be an early prototype.)

Now let's just hope the device is relatively stable right at its release. I think most issues with NVFS have been worked out since the Tungsten E|2.