Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
HTC Universal early in-depth review

Since the MDA pro aka HTC Universal is already on sale in Germany, it doesn't surprise us that one of the first in-depth reviews comes from a German news site. Even if you don't understand Deutsch, you should check them out for all the nice photo shots. Overall the reviewer seems pretty excited about the clamshell form factor and the 640 x 480 65K color display. A more extensive battery test should follow.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note, Nexus7
I can't read German, but the piccies are good!!!

Seriously, it looks like a beasty machine. The clamshell is very unusual for windows mobile devices, too. I wonder if it will take off and start a trend...

Craig.

Advertisement
Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Yes, I'm still waiting to buy a smartphone with mobile 5. I was hoping for this device at first, but the price scared me. Expansys sells it for 1000 euro without provider. A bit much. Germany for 750 (with german OS).

Thankfully, I also rather like the look of the QTek 8300. So which should I get/wait for?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Go with the HTC Universal... I mean just look at the screen... *drool*
Old 09-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
Jaapjan
Avid reader

According to the rumors, it should be available here in the netherlands from the 19'th this month (september). Which is exactly when my vacation starts.

The only downside I see is that the device costs 550 euro with 60 euro per months cost. (with is a normal 150 minutes plan with an unlimited data plan).
Old 09-12-2005, 03:42 AM   #6
Jaapjan
Avid reader

Well. Guess what, I bought (pre-ordered) one after all. 360 euro + bluetooth headset. A month plan of 150 minutes and for another 10 euro per month unlimited dataplan.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan
Well. Guess what, I bought (pre-ordered) one after all.
Let us know what you think of it.

Fijne vakantie! ;-)