Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Opera Mini for Pocket PC hands-on

MSMobiles managed to get a peek at the forthcoming Pocket PC version of Opera Mini. Different from its competitors, Pocket IE and NetFront, Opera Mini runs in a Java environment, a fact alone why I wouldn't put my hands on this browser (Java isn't known for speed). Fortunately, the reviewer proves me wrong and argues that thanks to Opera Mini using the company's proxy server (privacy advocates may scream now), it is actually performing very well.

Ok, Opera, how about expanding your beta circle to allow us to test your new killer browser?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I thought they were working on a native version for PocketPC/SmartPhone.

Enthusiast
Old 08-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
i'd rather get a natvie port, but I will give it a try since Access wont clean up their program to work in native VGA.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:51 AM   #4
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
That's odd that this isn't native...

There's been a native QT/e version for the Zaurus for years now. It works quite well, in fact. A bit of a memory hog, sometimes, but it cleans up after itself when you quit quite well.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:26 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
There is, indeed, a native version for SmartPhone. (But not for PocketPC.)
Old 08-31-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
nokko
nokko began at the beginning.

There is no Opera Mini specifically for Pocket PC. This is the normal Opera Mini tinkered with to get it working.

Don't buy into the hype.