Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 07-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air
TraxItAll

Got a note from David at TraxItAll to let me know about a new version. I was delighted to spend some time with him in San Jose at the PalmSource MobileSummit, and he showed me his very cool tracking program. There are other options out there, such as using a spreadsheet or a more complicated program, but the bottom line is that if you want to keep track of something, you want to do it simply, and that's where his program excels.

Here's the scoop straight from the source...
-----------------------------------
TraxItAll is an all-purpose software tracking system that does what no other program on any platform can do automatically: it tracks anything that matters to a user on a daily basis.
This makes it an ideal goal-setting tool for exercise, diet, business, or any other area. It can also be used to track general statistics such has health matters, currency values, and stock prices.

The heart of the system is its unique, patent-pending counting method. For each item the user wants to track, he or she selects one of three types of counting.

COUNT: How many times did something happen on a given day? For example, how many sales calls did I make? How many customers did we have? How many miles did I run? How many cigarettes did I smoke?

YES/NO: Did a particular thing happen or not on a given day? For example, did I work out? Did our family have dinner together?

AVERAGE: What was the level of a particular thing on a given day? For example, what was my weight? Blood pressure? Blood sugar? A stock price or currency value? When did I wake up or go to bed?

In the past, tracking such items required users to create complicated spreadsheet programs. Now TraxItAll automates both the data-entry and reporting processes.
-----------------------------------

The program is $20, but there is a free 30-day trial available, as well as an online slideshow. You can find it at www.TraxItAll.com, but it is no longer available via the
Palm software reseller sites. While he didn't make any mention of it to me, one has to assume that he found the large cut taken by software sales portals to be pretty steep and/or the terms too strict.