Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Making the move from Palm to PocketPC Part IV

In the forth part of his essay "Moving from Palm to PocketPC" (part one, part two, part three) TankerBob talks about his recent Dell Axim X50 ROM update, and the update, syncing and backup processes between Palm and Pocket PC:

Pocket PC has often been labeled as less stable than Palm OS. I can’t speak to any PPC OS other than Windows Mobile 2003 SE on the Axim X50v. But so far in my experience, the two platforms seem of equivalent stability. That’s very good news. The multi-tasking in WM2003SE makes stability more difficult to achieve, but it seems to work pretty well. I’m far from the average user in terms of stressing the system, and things have been going pretty well here. The A03 firmware update improved the Bluetooth and WiFi memory usage and stability, the only two consistent issues I’d had. I can honestly say that I haven’t soft reset the Axim any more often than I reset the T3.

If you are willing to make the transition, remember to also check out Bob's related essays (I Took The Plunge, PalmOS to Pocket PC: Part I - Intro and PalmOS to Pocket PC: Part II - Conversion).

Last edited by Alexander; 05-24-2005 at 04:16 AM. Reason: missing link added
Old 05-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Um, question. (I think I'm missing something, ... and if so, please forgive me). But where is the full article for review? I'm not seeing it. Love the excerpt that you quoted, however.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:17 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Oups... that one got lost somehow. Thanks for the hint!