Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 04-28-2005, 05:09 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
AvantGo planned outage

This is from the support section over at AvantGo:

Planned Maintenance Outage: We are planning an outage for the weekend of April 29, 2005 at 17:00 PDT through May 1, 2005 at 23:59 PDT to perform scheduled maintenance. Users will not be able to sync or login to my.avantgo.com during the outage.

Hence one more reason not to use a centralized solution like AvantGo.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
drtesdell@earth
drtesdell@earth began at the beginning.

Device: iPAC hx2755
Thumbs up Thanks For This Post

Well, I am glad I finally read this. After trying to get AvantGo to upddate-connect all day and night yesterday, I finally pinged and tracert'd them, and determined something was really wrong on THEIR end, not mine! Didn't know about the planned outage. No big deal for me...I just pull weather and news off it for when I am on the go.

Thanks alot for the post! Now I'll just wait abit and get the other stuff as I usually do...off TV or newspaper.

circawdm

Last edited by drtesdell@earth; 04-30-2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo

Enthusiast
Old 04-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Cool avatar image, drtesdell!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #4
drtesdell@earth

We'll Try Again....

Hi Bob

Well I can't claim it to be original or accurate either. I just couldn't find one that looked anything like a 55 year old tired art dealer-broker, who is entering the new world of sophisticated PDA's with mild trepidation. Similarities: I USED to smoke 20+ years ago, I wore a beret off and on when I went to school in France in high school, I wear sun glasses off and on now when needed, and lastly, I had a moustache until about a year ago (dark brown though, not white-gray). Otherwise, it is sheer cartoon folly.

But I wasn't sure how to hunt down an avatar, file it and upload it here and have it be a size that looked good (being new here and having only done that 2-3 times on other bulletin board type online groups) so I took the easy way out Thanks for the kind comment anyhow! For your amusement, below are some things (except the first one, I broker and appraise for people) as a broker-appraiser. Except for Chewbacca, my 7 pound attack Yorkie. And of course the Moaning Lisa is not for sale. One might make a decent avatar even... hmm...

Bests, (waiting for a spellchecker to be built in here someday...hehe)

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mona_lisa.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	641   Click image for larger version

Name:	AuctioneerAnimation.gif
Views:	198
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	642   Click image for larger version

Name:	ChewbaccaHaircut10-23.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	643   Click image for larger version

Name:	TiffPoppyShadeLamp.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Renoir.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	645  

Last edited by drtesdell@earth; 05-01-2005 at 11:51 PM. Reason: why do I have html for italics showing at my signature?!?!?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #5
drtesdell@earth

Anyone who can tell me why I have italics HTML on my signature showing will get a free Mona Lisa reproduction photo in email. I'm not an HTML guy much...Use MS Front Page to do it for me for the most part.

Thanks!

Dennis
Old 05-02-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
drtesdell@earth

Amazing what one can do when looking for simple typos! I fixed my signature by adding *one litttle bracket,* without which, it all looked terrible. It's so often the simple things that we never check first that cause us untold frustration on in depth, time consuming troubleshooting. Like "Where are my glasses??! (and they are on top on my head). I KNOW that has to have happened to one of you sometime...

DRT