Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 04-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Windows Mobile 2005 (aka Magneto) to be unveiled on May 9-10

Here is the scoop: Ya-Qin Zhang (pronounced yah-CHEEN jong), Microsoft's new smart guy behind Windows Mobile, is going to unveil the much participated Windows Mobile 2005 (codenamed Magneto) at a conference in Las Vegas on May 9-10.

Much has been already been said (see here, here, and here); in less then two weeks we'll hear it officially from Microsoft, and only with the emergence of the first WM 2005 devices in a couple of months we will know for sure if Bill could keep his promise to deliver a major breakthrough in mobile operation software.

[via C|Net]
Old 04-28-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
chopra
chopra began at the beginning.

Device: XDA 2
Thanks for the information

Thanks for the information. When we can expect the Devices with new OS.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MBA, DVP11
The last two releases of Windows Mobile have been different from what I've heard... in one case devices rolled out about the same time, and in the other case it took a few months. But either way, devices are coming soon!

There might even be a few devices like the HP and/or Dell VGA pdas that are lucky enough to get a flash upgrade from the manufacturer. I was lucky with my Toshiba because they offered a Win2003SE flash upgrade.

But my real question is whether they are going to start providing better error messages or logs for sync problems. Every time I get a darned "can't resolve" when it tries to sync unsuccessfully it leaves me with no hints at all. For example, today I get the message that 2 files can't be synced. Now I worry... what two files have data that I may loose. Given the kind of content on my PDA, it's very worrisome because it is probably important to me. But I don't even know where to begin to look to resolve it because there is no hint of which files are causing the problem.

How hard would it have been to put a simple little note in activesync saying the file names? Or even to allow logging of errors and put the file names in the log file? My gosh, that seems like programming 101! Of course, there probably an RTFM in it for me and some log file staring me right in the face, but I don't see it!

[Edit: Usually it can't sync because I am synching emails with attachments. This time it was file names from 2 iSilo clips that had characters that wouldn't sync. Still wish they would tell me instead of making me hunt!]