Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Current E-Book market just a ghetto of p*rn?

Brad is spilling out his thoughts on the literary quality of e-books. Under his impression, most e-books currently published can be only compared to 25cent novels from the 1950s and 60s.

I think ebooks right now are in that same market ghetto as direct to video movies are and direct to paperback books used to be not so long ago. In fact the entire paperback publishing industry got it's start publishing erotica (for travelers, heh) and lurid subculture pulps, as well as pulp science fiction, crime and mystery novels (neither of those genres were considered as respectable as they are today).

Au contraire. If you look at eReader's Bestsellers, you find that most e-books published are either from mainstream hardcover or paperback editions. Then again, Brad, what do you expect to find when you are browsing for one hour the p*rn section of an e-book retailer?
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nice commentary, Morpheus, lol. You just made my day...

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast
CINCNORAD began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise//Sony Reader//Nokia N800
I sort of agree with this article. I've found some good stuff, but so much is crappy erotica books...
CINCNORAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
I didn't really mean to imply that this was a bad thing, only that it was a _phase_ ebooks were going through, as mass market paperbacks had before them.

>>eReader's Bestsellers

Most of eReader's bestsellers and indeed most encrypted ebooks are from the p-book world which is a more mature venue. I'm referencing the direct to ebook publications.

I probably didn't say it very clearly.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote