Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-24-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
80GB for your Palm - InfiniFile transforms handhelds into media centers

Imran sent word to us that OnVerge Labs has released InfiniFile for Palm after there has been a short delay. InfiniFile provides access to virtually unlimited audio and video files, Palm programs and related data stored on a PC, over a WiFi or Bluetooth network connection.

To Palm apps, InfiniFile looks like an additional multi-gigabyte memory card. In other words, you can now access your files stored on a desktop directly as if they were present locally on your handheld.

Regrettably, according to the manual, Tungsten T5 is currently not supported!

InfiniFile retails for US$39.95 and you can download a 14-day trial version. The server program, InfiniServer, is available free - and requires Windows (sorry Mac guys). As a big thanks to our community, OnVerge is offering a 20% discount for the first 14 days.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
This looks like an excellent application! This is like unto a "killer" app., to be able to stream videos to my Zodiac2 from my external hard drive would be like a dream come true.

It's almost worth considering a Wi-Fi card (and firing up Virtual PC) to see it in action. I have a Tablet PC that I cannot find a use for, but this application would make me turn it into a file server for my Z2.

This is an invigorating creation and I hope that this technology evolves well into the future as the need for multimedia handhelds grows.
POL9A
Old 03-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Definitely so!

As a Pocket PC user I can tell you how cool it is to directly access files on your desktop via WiFi (Pocket PC natively support the mapping of Windows shares). Movies, MP3s, files to install, backups - you name it. I hardly use my cradle anymore.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
This looks like an excellent application! This is like unto a "killer" app., to be able to stream videos to my Zodiac2 from my external hard drive would be like a dream come true.
You might also want to checkout my setup using WiFiGenie and an Asus WL-HDD2.5 hard drive enclosure.

No computer needed, the small and portable WL-HDD2.5 serves files, movies, music (MMPlayer, Kinoma Player 3EX), and web pages (standalone HTML server) using WiFiGenie, which mounts it as a virtual SD card.

Inififile looks promising if you have access to your computer over the network, but WifiGenie with the Asus gives a lot more flexibility and portability as a stand-alone solution.

Brian

Last edited by ballistic; 03-25-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic
You might also want to checkout my setup using WiFiGenie and an Asus WL-HDD2.5 hard drive enclosure.

No computer needed, the small and portable WL-HDD2.5 serves files, movies, music (MMPlayer, Kinoma Player 3EX), and web pages (standalone HTML server) using WiFiGenie, which mounts it as a virtual SD card.

Inififile looks promising if you have access to your computer over the network, but WifiGenie with the Asus gives a lot more flexibility and portability as a stand-alone solution.

Brian

WOW!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #6
mumaray
mumaray began at the beginning.

Device: TE / Nokia6230
could I access files on your desktop via USB?by using that software
Old 04-03-2005, 08:02 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Nope... only WiFi or Bluetooth is supported.