Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
More (rumored) news on T5 successor (Live Drive)

According to Thai-based MrPalm.com, the successor model of the palmOne Tungsten T5 will be called "Life Drive", features WiFi + Bluetooth, and has a better screen than what we know of the T5. Price-tag: around USD $500.

Sorry, but "Life Drive" sucks. What if you drop your PDA? Does my life end there? I hope palmOne will stick to the Tungsten brand name.

[via PalmAddicts and Brighthand]
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
jjesusfreak01
Senior Junior Member
jjesusfreak01 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TH-55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
According to Thai-based MrPalm.com, the successor model of the palmOne Tungsten T5 will be called "Life Drive", features WiFi + Bluetooth, and has a better screen than what we know of the T5. Price-tag: around USD $500.

Sorry, but "Life Drive" sucks. What if you drop your PDA? Does my life end there? I hope palmOne will stick to the Tungsten brand name.

[via PalmAddicts and Brighthand]
I agree completely, the name is baaad. Maybe they were mistaken, and "Life Drive" is just a marketing ploy type thingy. A better screen is relative. I believe that the T5 had the same situation as the T3. It used both screens from Sharp, and screens from Sony. The Sony ones were vastly superior, and the sharp ones were really bad. A better screen could be referring to quality, or it could mean a VGA screen. Maybe this new PDA will have a life drive application, that lets you link your life force with your pda, as well as use your pda in drive mode, in the same app. Now wouldnt that be cool. Of course, we are hoping that it will include other features, and may even run Cobalt. Im just hoping that it will be significantly better if its going to cost that much. I think that this rumor may just be valid, because it sounds to stupid to be something someone would make up.

Enthusiast