Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 02-07-2005, 05:15 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Archos PMA430 demonstration video

Somebody made a nice 12min video of the Archos PMA430 at Solutions Linux expo, demonstrating USB accessories and giving details about the SDKs that will be available to programmers for improving multimedia and networking applications based on Linux.

Download the video here (WMV, 65MB).
Old 02-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I find it cute how he talks about travelling with his keyboard

The best thing about the Archos is its huge storage capacity. 30Gb! There is no way I could store that amount of data on my Dell Axim (I have a 2Gb SD Card and it constantly runs out of space). Other than that, I don't find a justification for spending $700+ on another gadget that apparantly doesn't do more than my Dell. I can play any DivX/XviD video as well, using the fantastic free BetaPlayer movie player for PPC.

I guess you have to be either really rich or not in the possession of an Axim X50v to be interested in buying this Archos device.
Advert
Old 02-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I'd be careful... In the past there have been problems with the screens on these Archos devices, and also pretty big problems with the hard drives failing after a short while. And from what I've heard, Archos doesn't have good tech support or service.